Thursday, November 13, 2008

5 Days

That's it...just 5 days left until my exams. Honestly, I really feel like I might not pass. I'm not saying this in a pathetic, "oh-please-tell-me-it-will-be-okay" sort of way. I just feel like I can't possibly know everything that I am expected to know! I understand that this is probably how I should feel, I just hope that I have amassed enough crap in my head to pull this thing off. I've been trying to send telepathic messages to my committee so that they ask me the right questions, but I'm not sure that it's working. I've continued to consult the Magic 8 Ball on occasion, but he's just as willy-nilly as before.

The interesting thing about studying is that in my readings on photography, I have been longing to get the camera out there and shoot. I've been drooling over photos that friends have been taking outside as the leaves go through their tremendous changes in hue...knowing full well that by the time I escape my prison of books, the leaves will be gone, and I'll be stuck shooting pictures of snow! :) Nonetheless, I feel a newfound sense of interest in my camera (which is a really great thing), and I'm considering taking the large format class at CCP this Spring to get my Hasselblad out of the closet! It's kind of like the ones on the site, only from the 1960s! :)

So, my photography has been limited to outings on First Friday with my little digital point and shoot and these, from my study.


Speaking of studying...I'm off to cram more crap into my head. 5 More days!

2 comments:

Sally P. said...

5 days!
Yippee! You will ace your exams I'm sure.
Once you get back on your bike, feel the wind and sun on your skin, hear the whir of the gears, you'll be good as new.
We've missed you.
SP

Choppah said...

Sally,

Thanks! I totally miss you guys, too. Nothing so lonely as studying when the weather is perfect for riding with your friends!

See you soon!!!!
S