Saturday, May 23, 2009

Appropriate Fortunes

One of my favorite places to eat out is a local Sushi joint in Collingswood called Chow's. This place is great. They have the cutest waitress, Yen, who is there pretty much every day. They have GREAT sushi and great prices, making it a perfect spot for a quiet dinner.

I have had pretty good luck eating there before races - carb-loading via sushi rolls works for me.

I went there the night before my win at Mount Joy and the night before my first pro race....these were the fortunes that I got upon leaving on those two nights. I kept both of them because I thought they were so appropriate. I hope to add to this list over time...

"Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it."
- The night before Mount Joy. Keep in mind, I needed ONE POINT to upgrade to Cat 2 at that race. Yep - I'd say I swam out to it...with a motor attached to my rear!

"Toil awhile...endure awhile....believe always...and never turn back."
- The night before Wilmington. Yep - another pretty accurate one.

No comments: