I about a half hour, I will be leaving for my first NRC race. Today is the Wilmington Grand Prix in Wilmington, Delaware. It's a 25 mile, four-corner crit in downtown Wilmington complete with 84 Pro1/2 women. Wow. The good news is that a lot of these women are riders that I know, have raced against numerous times, and feel comfortable with. The bad news is that the Pro portion of the field includes Alison Powers, Laura van Gilder, Cath Cheatley, Erica Allar, and others. Oh, crap. :)
I'm trying to keep my nerves in check and just stay calm. I'm an odd mixture of excited, anxious, nervous, scared crapless, and really calm. How I can be all of those things at once without exploding is not clear to me. But, I do know one thing...the Magic 8 Ball told me that I was going to have a "good" race today. So...what the heck am I worried about, right?!
See you on the other side!
No comments:
Post a Comment