I went out for a little spin yesterday and decided to stop in and see my good pal "The Wall." Yep, we needed to be reaquainted a bit before it sadistically rips my legs off next weekend during the Liberty Classic.
I still can barely believe that I am going to be on the start line for that race. I have to thank Nicky and Tina for their incredible words of wisdom at Somerville. I was lucky to get to chat with both of them for a while after the women's race and they both gave me some great advice about the course. While some of what they said made basic logical sense (take it one lap at a time - do NOT think about anything past the lap you're on), other things were more experience based suggestions (getting up front before the bridge so that you're near the front for the wall). So, to Nicky and Tina...THANK YOU! I hope that I can follow through with the advice you gave and do well for my team, my family, my friends, and myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment