Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Turn My Green Eyes Blue

I was becoming quite the green eyed monster. I was listening to people talk about the U2 concert in various locations across the U.S. And, here I was, knowing full-right well that the Irish quartet had decided to skip over Philly this time around. They are planning to hit Giant Stadium in Northern NJ (essentially NYC) and Washington D.C....but Philly? Not a note being played.

Oh...the green eyed monster was quietly rearing its ugly head.

And then...the craziest thing happened. I got a message from Beth letting me know that there was a chance I could get two tickets for the show at the Meadowlands. REALLY?!! Only problem was that the show is on a Wednesday. No problem here - I don't have class on Thursday and I am done early on Wednesday! :)

Needless to say my biggest challenge was finding someone to go who could get the time off to travel up to NYC on a Wednesday afternoon. Fortunately, that person arrived in the form of Corinne! Yeah, baby!

So...thanks to Fred, I am hitting the road tomorrow afternoon to go see my favorite band of all time. This will be my 5th U2 concert, my third distinct tour experience, and this will make it my 3rd state (I've seen them in Michigan, PA, and now NJ). Awesome!

Thanks Fred for having two tickets to spare!
Thanks Beth for knowing that I love U2 and getting in touch!
Thanks Corinne for being up for PARTYING our butts off at the Meadowlands!

WOO HOOOOOO!

1 comment:

FancyCyclist said...

So glad that things worked out so well! The planets really were in alignment yesterday. Gives me the warms and fuzzies! Have a kick ass time at the concert!