Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowmageddon Part 2

Well, it snowed a bit last night. Sometime in the middle of the night, Chuck got up and said, "Hey - it stopped snowing." This morning, I thought that the weather guys had officially blown it, since it was no longer snowing, the roads were clear and the sky was overcast, but dry. And then...it began. Snomageddon Part 2.


First it was the rain...which then became sleet, and about an hour ago became a HEAVY snowfall. Hmmm...guess they were right. So, what do you do on a day like today...

- get up and shovel the slushy snow that fell last night and got sleeted on this morning. Also known as, weightlifting workout #1 for the day

- eat some deliciously fattening breakfast foods with yummy coffee

- get on the bike for wicked workout #2 of the day - over-unders provided by G-Money (ouchy - in a good way)

- make some deliciously yummy veggie soup to be enjoyed in front of the roaring fire


- paint my toenails purple and green to match the new team kit. I know the purple is not exactly right, but I had to work with what I had in the house!

- shovel again

- make a snowman. This is the first snowman I've made in years! So much fun and so much work! :)
- do some work - both dissertation and teaching work

- get BACK on the bike for workout #3 for the day - a leisurely 45 minutes of spinning to work out some kinks in the legs....ahhhhhhhhhh

- make shepherd's pie for dinner

Please note the wine brand - Cycles Gladiator, baby!!

- eat the Creme Brulee that I made for desert!

- watch a movie

- go to sleep

- dream of riding long steady climbs and screaming fast descents in WARM weather with my teammates!

No comments: