Saturday, February 06, 2010

Sturdy Girl Parties On!

Last night was the Sturdy Girl annual fundraiser cocktail party. As you can imagine, with the threat of 18 inches of snow looming, the turnout was a bit less than stellar. Still, many of the club/team's fans were out to show their love for the pink and we had a great time!

The party, for me, was the beginning of a bit of a bittersweet year. Though I'm REALLY happy and excited about my new team, it does feel strange to not be a Sturdy Girl this year. I don't want to give away any team secrets, but I hope that the local peloton keeps an eye out for these ladies. They have an AMAZING team this year, with some really powerful and impressive riders. As usual, the team also banks on the amazing relationships that are developed between members, which seems as strong as ever. I'm happy to still feel like a major part of the team - Becky referred to me last night as a watermelon (pink on the inside and green on the outside). I thought that was hilarious!

I was really happy to donate a few bike related photos for the silent auction. They were a hit! It was fantastic to hear that so many people liked my photos and were interested in bidding on them! A few people have suggested I do a show, which Sara and I have already talked about doing. So...keep your eyes peeled, folks, for the Sara(h) Squared show! ;)

No comments: