Thursday, July 15, 2010

New Life




My new life is consumed with dissertation research. This is a GOOD thing. I am getting so much work done (except for right now, as I post to my blog!) and finding excellent sources, fun tidbits to include in my paper, and just generally enjoying my time with the books and my paper. I have written more in the last two days than in the last two months, so that is a huge movement forward! Plus, I am working in an amazing space. The library, rare book room, and archive here at Winterthur are fantastic. The staff is so helpful and knowledgeable about EVERYTHING in the collection, it's kind of wonderful. But, really, how can you not be productive when surrounded by this....



So, for a while, it's just me and my kids...studying them, how they were perceived in their lifetimes, how they died, how their deaths were commemorated by their parents, and how mourning practices included these small folks...

Well, back to work for me....

1 comment:

Beezkwee said...

Heh. The only setback is that you have less time to hang out with meeeeeee!!!