Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Yipes!

Wowza...two weeks have gone by and I have NO IDEA where they went?! The days have seemed shorter than ever lately and my time seems to disappear under piles of papers, exams, quizzes, and my own writing! YIPES! I can't really complain because in a week, I will essentially be decompressing into vacation mode until the middle of January, but for now, I resemble in many ways a chicken with its head cut off. Running about wildly, trying to finish everything up in time to submit grades and still trying to enjoy some time!

Thinking about New Year's resolutions for this year already. I think that they are going to be bike-performance related resolutions. I'm thinking of the following:

- cutting out caffeine. This will send me into an energy detox downward spiral for a bit, but I think that it's a healthy choice that I can live with.

- cutting out alcohol. This one will be terrible - because there's really nothing I love more than a nice glass of wine when I'm cooking and eating a delicious meal.

- busting my hump at the gym and on the bike. This is going to be a big year. As a domestique, I'm going to have some powerful sprinters and climbers counting on my legs this year. I want to be the best teammate I can be and that means figuring out a way to drop some pounds and increase my power so that I can rip the legs off of all the other women in the peloton. I'm going to get really anal retentive this year and construct a calendar that lays out my days in such a way that I can't help but get ready for Battenkill in April!

Well, there it is. My New Year's resolutions for 2011.

No comments: