Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dear Mother Nature

Dearest Mother Nature,

I understand that I live in an area of the world that enjoys 4 distinct seasons. And, I love that aspect of living here in the sweet Mid-Atlantic region. However, I also love riding my bike. It is one of my joys in life. It makes me happy. It keeps me sane. It allows me to enjoy the natural beauty of the world from the comfort of my little titanium saddle and two inches of rubber. It enables me to spend less money on gas and more money on things made out of carbon.

Unfortunately, this daggon weather is making me a little antsy. I haven't been outside on my bike (for any real duration) in far too long. I am beginning to get a tad bit stir crazy. I'm afraid that if I don't get to go outside on my bike, I am going to go crazy, and I WILL TAKE YOU WITH ME!

So, please know that it with sincere humility that I implore you to hold off on any more snow-pacalypses, to keep the winter temps to a balmy 40 degrees, allow the sun to shine strong and melt all of the evil white stuff, and bring Spring to our pale and Vitamin-D deprived bodies.

If you can't....that's fine, I'll be in the process of buying this:
Or this:
I hope that everyone will come visit us in Basque Country where the temps rarely fall out of the 40s!

Thank you,
xoxo
S

2 comments:

Beezkwee said...

I like number 2. :)

Choppah said...

Both are particularly nice. The first one is a villa in the country - about 5 min drive from a larger town. The other is a city flat.

I'll take either. Although the villa is quite inexpensive!! :)