Sunday, November 20, 2011

Asheville...

Here I come!!

In the first of what I hope to be a series of "Happy News" posts, I woke up this morning to a very awesome email in my inbox.

My Nineteenth Century Studies Association paper abstract has been accepted!!  I will be heading to Asheville, NC this March to present a portion of my first dissertation chapter!

The NCSA is a rather LARGE conference.  I went to this one a few years ago in Miami, FL, where I presented a paper that I had written for class about Children and Cosmopolitanism at the World's Fair in Chicago.  It was fun and it was intimidating.  It was my first major conference experience and I was pretty freaked out.

This time around, I'm sure that I will feel much more confident in my speaking and my writing ability!  Not to mention, I'll be getting some high quality feedback on my dissertation and the whole conference is on Spiritual Matters!  Sweet.

On a side note, I also believe that this is the start of some really good CAWES team mojo.  Well, not really the start....the good mojo started with some new recruits (announcements soon), BChan getting an INCREDIBLE job offer in Baltimore, and now, this.  I have a good feeling about this...

No comments: