Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Training Center Update

So, the training center has been slowly coming around since the initial whirlwind of construction began.  Once we got it up and running, the finishing details have been a bit slower in coming along.  Part of it is that I want to make sure that I make the right choices about things like floor finishing (do we get a big indoor/outdoor rug, do we paint/epoxy, do we get those rubber gym mats...oh, the choices!!).  But, the important thing is that the room is totally functional as is...even if it is not the most beautiful space (note, the abhorrent oil stain on the floor...sigh).  Hector and Chuck put on the baseboards the other day, and they look great!!  One of these days, we'll get the rest of it in proper order.


But, I've been working on the aesthetics a bit lately.  As you will note in the above photo, there are some collages and such hanging above my work bench.  I've put up my wicked awesome pendulum clock (I will take a post a photo ASAP) that's made of bike cogs and chains...and I've hung up my Irish flag in honor of U2 and Nicholas Roche on the north wall.

Finally, most recently, I completed the curtain for the window.  I found the best fabric online...it has citron colored bikes on it!!  :)  And, yesterday, I sewed up a curtain for the window!  It's very cute and I like the idea that folks can't just look in the front window anymore.  Yep...the training center is certainly coming around...



While I hate snow, I have to admit that I'm looking forward to that inevitable winter day when the center is full of my spandex-clad friends on trainers and rollers, watching the Tour (on a larger TV, I hope!!), playing Ms. Pac-Man between intervals, and enjoying this awesome space.

No comments: