Sunday, November 20, 2011

Quin...that's NOT how you steam a mouse...

So, our small grey kitteh has become the rodent clean-up man for the neighborhood.  He comes home in the morning with mice, shrews, and even a decent sized rat one day.  Not sure where he gets these, but I think it's the unoccupied place across the street.

Anywho...he strolled up to the front door this morning with a small mouse neatly held in his mouth.  I was like, "Hey, buddy...there ain't no WAY you're bringing that thing in here."  So, he took it to the flower bed and proceeded to start playing.  The playing continued into the driveway just in front of my car.  He was having a blast tossing the mouse into the air, batting it around with his paws, tossing it again...rinse and repeat.

Suddenly, I notice that the direction of his attention changed and he was very attracted to the front grill of my car.  Oh no...

Yep - in the joys of his mouse-tossing, he managed to throw the poor little deceased rodent INTO my car.  It had become lodged between the radiator and the front of the car with no means of escape.  I couldn't get it from beneath the car because of the plastic barrier.  I couldn't get it from inside the hood because there's no way to get around the radiator.  My only option was to figure out a way to pull the mouse out through this opening...

Not very promising, eh??  So...I got a wild idea...

I attached some duct tape to an outstretched wire hanger and, like a surgeon playing Operation, I reached down into the space, stuck the duct tape to the mouse, and gently pulled it out!!  Ta-DAAA!!  No more mouse in my car!

Quin, however, keeps looking at the front of my car like it's a mouse-dispensing machine.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

You should mention that the mouse was dead when you taped him to the hanger!

Choppah said...

Ummm, I thought that was evident after the part where Quin was playing with it like it was a ragdoll!!

But, yes...folks...the mouse had met it's maker PRIOR to it ending up in my car and prior to the duct tape removal process.