Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Come Out, Come Out, Wherever you are!

Hmmm....don't mind me, just looking around for my motivation! Wow...it's amazing how my mind checked out the second I crossed the finish line at the Rodale race. I still want to get on the bike, but my Seasonal Affective Disorder (honest to God, I have this!) has already started to kick in. All I want to do is sleep and eat. I feel like a bear preparing for hibernation. I swear, it's a terrible thing. When I do find myself pulling on my shorts and shoes, I get suddenly happy and ready to ride...but it's the drive to pull my butt up off of the couch that kills me.

I did ride today, between my class this morning, dentists appointment and return to work for a department meeting, I did an hour on the bike doing intervals. The other thing that kills me is that the fall in our area means one major thing...WIND! Whether you're trying to rake leaves or trying to bust your butt around the river at 21 mph, the wind seems to be coming at you from every conceivable angle...and always STRONGLY coming at you! Alas, I should consider this a great training tool, but it really just makes me feel like I'm constantly going uphill in the wrong gear.

All in all, I actually had a nice ride today. It's still summery in terms of weather - 85+ degrees out and sunny. I'm looking forward to the more seasonally appropriate weather that we are supposed to get this weekend...more like the lower 70s. I love it when it gets cool enough at night to leave the windows open and make a fire in our chiminea! :) Bring on the Fall, baby!

No comments: