Monday, September 03, 2007

Wild Wedding Week...

Chuck and I returned from Colorado this morning on a red-eye flight. The wedding was Saturday, but the festivities lasted from Tuesday of last week thru Sunday morning! It was an amazing trip, a beautiful wedding, and an incredible mingling of families. Our family really hit it off with Scott's family, and since we live near his mom and brothers, we're hoping to see them from time to time for dinner and other fun events.

Since we are both back to school tomorrow, and I haven't even scrolled through my digital photos...I'm going to save the wedding recap for another day (hopefully tomorrow!). For now, I will say this...as we were heading up into the mountains to stay at a GORGEOUS log cabin lodge, I was joking about never having seen a moose or a bear. I have always wanted to see these two creatures in the wild. The bear because...well, it's a BEAR! You see them in zoos, but how crazy to see one in the wild. That dream was not to be. BUT...the moose dream was a reality. In fact, not only did we see a moose...but we had a moose and her calf hanging out in the little pond by our lodge. They were there several times a day for a few days, eating yummy goodies out of the lake and drinking the water. Here they are!!!




This last one is my artsy-fartsy shot of the moose! I just have to photoshop those wires out of it! :)

No comments: