So, I started my ride yesterday thinking #1 - not such a good idea to run 3 miles the day before a ride when I haven't run in about a year, and #2 - 60 miles won't be so bad. Turns out that 60 miles swiftly became 96 miles! :P 96 wonderful miles with Sally, Luly, and Marianna, but 96 miles nonetheless! It was a beautiful day and we saw some wonderful sights while previewing the course of the Sturdy Girl Century next weekend. I didn't have my camera with me, so I can't show a photo of the trees beginning to change, but I assure you they were fantastic. We also crossed paths with a rather large male deer, who leaped across the road in front of us. But my favorite encounter of the day was this one...
Riding through Wissahickon park, we (Marianna, Luly and I) pass a male cyclist. Keep in mind that all three of us are dressed in our kits from head to toe. Jersey, Shorts, Socks...the whole nine yards.
Rider says, "You guys on a racing team?"
We reply, "Yes."
He asks, "Which one?"
hmmmm....
No comments:
Post a Comment