I decided just to go for it this year. I'm not sure that I am in the best shape at the moment, in fact, I know that I'm not...but, Falco wants to get out there and I want to get out there, so...here goes!
I think that I've convinced one teammate to come along - thank you Jen Sands. :) I would have done it on my own, but it will be nice to have a friendly face out there sharing in the joy of pain! So, next Saturday morning, we are heading to Christiana for the Kirkwood Road Race. The course looks good - challenging, with a lot of small climbs (a few look pretty steep) - but nothing that's going to wipe me out (oh, the memories of Mount Joy come flooding back!).
Here's the profile for Kirkwood - I'm digging that first major decent! :)
Of course, now that I have registered - the Weather Channel is saying a 60% chance of rain all that day. Should be fun! You know what...I am totally up for the challenge! I am really going to hunker down this week, get myself mentally and physically prepared, and just rock it out! Kirkwood, here we come! :)
1 comment:
If you want to see how the competition looked last weekend, I shot photos of the Strasburg race. Check them out here: http://www.cyclingcaptured.com/gallery/4358031_ptHPQ
Post a Comment