Thursday, April 16, 2009

Crazy Week and Movie Night!

I am nearly done with one of the craziest and busiest weeks I have experienced in a LOOONG time. And, I assure you, I will be quite happy when it is over!

I've been on campus for 12 hours several days this week (and it looks like this will continue into next week). I've been getting home so exhausted that I tend to fall into bed and be asleep by 9pm. Amazingly, I have still managed to get on my bike this week and keep my training going. Still more impressive considering the two days of constant rain that occurred Tuesday and Wednesday!

Phew....

Now...I'm focusing on the weekend ahead. First on the list....Movie Night!

Friday is our annual Spring Movie Night. We're planning to watch Death to Smoochy - an utterly hilarious dark comedy about the corruption in children's television programming. hehe! Soooo funny.

Sunday is the Lower Providence Crit. Not usually where I do my best work, but I'm looking for good luck there after the last two years!

Year #1 - Cat 4 race - got a flat on lap 5. Attempted to change the wheel with one in the wheel pit only to find that the wheel had a 10 speed cassette and my bike was a 9. Oops.

Year #2 - Cat 1/2/3 race - first real race as a 3. First real race with the "big girls" - which included Erica Allar of Aaron's Pro Team, Laura McCaughey of Aussie track fame and Juice Plus Pro Team, and a few others. Yikees. Not only was I racing with Pros for the first time, but there was a torrential downpour about 5 minutes before our start. Luckily, it stopped before we started our race, but it left the roads streaming with rivers of running water. It was actually pretty fun. Nonetheless, I was a bit too timid, and certainly not very comfortable out there. I finished 18th out of the 24 that completed the race. Not my best performance.

Interestingly, there are a few courses out there that I just can't seem to conquer and at which I always have a less than laudable performance...LP is certainly one of them. Nonetheless, I plan to find my legs there this weekend and wipe out the memory of the last two years! :)

No comments: