Saturday, May 16, 2009

84 Went In...

30 came out the other side.

The race today was brutal. That's the only way that I can describe it. It started out "hella fast" and never seemed to slow down (at least, not in the 7 miles I raced!). Unfortunately, my first NRC race ended with my first EVER DNF. I refuse to count my flat-out at LP my first year - I wasn't included on the results list, therefore I wasn't there ;)!

I'm disappointed, of course. However, I got pulled with about 40 other women, so I can't feel completely like crap. I was in a race, it just wasn't THE race! hehe! The course itself was fast and really fun! It had a great 3rd turn that led into this narrow uphill section - very sweet.

Big Kudos go out to Lenore, who stayed in there and finished 28th! Way to go! And, big kudos to my Salamander teammates Amity and Loz, who also made it to the final lap in style.

I was not convinced about racing Kelly Bike Jam this morning. After today's pathetic 7 lap torture, I'm definitely hitting the start line tomorrow! See you ladies in Baltimore.

Anthony was there today taking pictures...so I will post those as soon as I can.

3 comments:

JB said...

Yesterday was your first DNF ever? That's impressive.

Choppah said...

Yep - unless you count that flat out at LP! But we won't mention that again! ;)

Choppah said...

Apparently, this won't appear as a DNF on my final record either - they posted the results, but just failed to include anyone who was pulled! Yee-haw, record is still clear! :)