I went out in search of a good hill repeat road this morning. A few of my standards are currently under construction, so I needed to find an appropriate substitute without having to ride out 20 miles to get to it.
So, I went out to Manayunk just to make sure that the Wall was still torn up. Yep - worse than last week. I'll have to take my camera next time to record the disaster. Good news? It will be resurfaced and smoothy-smooth for the Pro Race next month!
So, then I went out to Barren Hill Road - hoping that the construction that was underway last week might be ended. Um, nope. Still all disheveled. I chatted with one of the construction guys who said that it would likely be this way for several more weeks (if not closer to a month). Eek!
So, I was moseying back down the path when I decided to try another road. Not really knowing what I was getting myself into, I started up what looked like a mild, bumpy road. Um, no...not mild. In fact, it hit a double digit grade pretty quickly and for a decent stretch and then continued to hit me with mild grades, a longer false flat section, and other goodies. It was FANTASTIC! After getting home and checking Google satellite maps, I figured out it was Hart's Road. Very nice road for repeats. If you look closely on the satellite maps over the next couple of weeks, you will see a small pink dot running up and down that road on a regular basis! hehe, well, not really, but you know what I mean!
2 comments:
Harts Road is awesome. The one just south/east of it, Manor Road, is also a sweet one. Double the hills!
Thanks, Michelle. I'll be sure to check that one out as well. I'm not a climber by build, but I hope to be one by tenacity! :)
Post a Comment