From here on out:
- little to no sugar (I MUST have sugar in my morning coffee - but that's going to be about it). All sugar cravings will be satisfied with fresh or dried fruit. Unless, of course, Jencheng makes her mom's incredible oat bars at our next clinic!
- removal of a lot of starches/simple carbs. To be replaced with clean grains and complex carbs - quinoa, bulgar, veggies, veggies and more veggies
- lots of water. Lots and lots of water. Did I mention lots of water?!?!
I've never been particularly good at dieting. It's not that I'm not disciplined enough, it's just that I LOVE food! Food is one of the great things about being alive and able to taste! I honestly think that's why I work out like I do...so that I can eat whatever I want and then just burn it off on the bike! Still...it's time to drop a few pounds and get ready for race season. After all, I have to take on the "big girls" again this year. Don't want to get my butt handed to me at EVERY race, now do I?
So, with this in mind...I'm trying out a new Clean Food recipe tonight. I hope that Chuck will eat it, otherwise, I'll have some leftovers to finish on my own. Tonight's menu will include Roasted Kabocha Squash with Kale. Nom, nom, nom, nom! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment