Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Roasted Squash verdict

The Roasted Squash and Kale last night was AWESOME! I had to resort to acorn squash because Wegman's didn't have kabocha squash when I stopped by the store. The acorn squash was delicious however, and I was really pleased with the mixture of flavors from the balsamic vinegar, oil, kale and squash. The flavors all came together very well and made for a lovely party for my taste buds! :)

I'm hoping to help Dana out with some easy meals for camp (we have to feed 25 people every night, so easy things are good) and I think that this would be a PERFECT side dish for one of the nights. It's so easy to roast the squash in the oven and using a giant soup pot to make the kale would be quite simple, also.

On another note, I got home to find an exciting package waiting for me...my new bar tape!! :) I had ordered it the other day and was very excited to see that it had arrived. I ordered two rolls of tape so that I could put one on Falco and one on the new Amira (whenever she arrives). Falco was excited about the change (although, I think he's more excited about a chick-bike moving into the house!). So, while I loved the pink bar tape and will certainly miss it, I think that the boy looks pretty swanky with his new lime green and schnazzy bar ends. You can see the bar ends a bit in the first image...the image on them is the CAWES girl rider! :)


Topia went into the shop to get her wheels trued (I would love to have the tools to do that here at home...maybe next Christmas!) and to throw on a rear rack while they had her. The guys were impressed at what great condition she was in other than the little wobble in the wheels. I'm super excited for her to be totally tip top and ready for full-on commuting! :) Gonna check out some grocery bag paniers for local grocery getting!

No comments: