Follow Up Part 1 - they changed the race results! :( Not that it's a big deal, but when we looked at the results at the finish, we sat 3rd, 7th, 8th and 10th. The results posted online put us in 3rd, 8th, 9th and 11th. Not sure who was missing from the original list or what happened there, but I can't say that I'm too bummed out either way.
After the finish of the race, we had the lovely experience of getting back to the parking lot of the school. It wasn't a long ride, and it was all downhill, which should equal happy riders. But, since we were soaking wet and it was COLD out, it was actually a pretty miserable trek back to the cars.
I made it back to the car without a second thought about my wheel and tire. In fact, I didn't think about hitting that pothole again until I took my wheel out of the car upon arriving back home.
Flat. As. A. Pancake!
Turns out, I had pinched it in that pothole. Somehow, someone was watching out for me, though, and the tire did not go flat until after I had finished the race and gotten back to the car. Can you say, "Lucky Duck?" Phew.
2 comments:
Lucky! DD was missing in the race results posted at the finish.
A-HA! Good sleuthing, Lenore! :)
I figured that it was something like that. No big whoop...was a fun first race, eh?! :)
Post a Comment