- I am going to do my first race in Michigan this year. Though my athletic life began there nearly 30 years ago, I have never raced my bike in my home state. I'm headed back there in May to race alongside Sara, Ky, Nikki, and my brother and a few dozen of his teammates!
- I am not working this summer - for the first time in YEARS. I mean, technically, I am working. I am teaching an online course and am hoping to complete massive amounts of my dissertation this summer. But, for the first time in as long as I can remember, I will be on no one's schedule but my own. I'm excited about this.
- Due to my open work schedule, I'm hoping to race a bit further afield than I was able to in the past. I'm looking at getting out to Nationals in Bend, the Tour of Elk Grove in Chicago, the Tour de Toona (I'm still optimistic that it will happen) in Pennsylvania, and maybe even another big stage race.
- We have another nephew on the way. He should arrive sometime in July...it will be fun to have another one to spoil! :)
- I have two new bikes to ride/race! It's super fun to have some new toys and to have a new place (soon) to store and enjoy my toys.
- Chuck is building me a training center! We decided that we needed to get the bikes out of the house, so we're converting some space into a training center! Soon, I will be the biggest bike dork on the block. Wait a minute...I'm ALREADY the biggest bike dork on the block. Hmmm...but, now I'll have room for all of my bike dork friends to hang out with me!! :)
So, I guess, all in all...things are good. I'll be happy when all of my grading is done...but, for now...all is well!
No comments:
Post a Comment