Monday, April 04, 2011

Rough Times

It has a been a tad rough lately. The lack of blog posts is testament to the fact that I have had very little positive to post about. I mean, in the grand, worldly scheme of things, my trials and tribulations are minor. I think that's why it made no sense to post here complaining about being sick for the last couple of weeks, missing out on tons of training and team camp (essentially), and feeling like absolute crud.

So, I felt like I should wait until I had something positive to post about before returning to the keyboard. At the moment, I'm not sure that the real positive event has taken place, but I do feel like it's on the horizon.

I'm back home from a weekend at camp. It was...eventful. To say the least. We had a few folks get stuck on a mountain side and have to be rescued by the Sheriff's office. We attempted a ride up Reddish Knob in 50 mph gusting winds and snow at the peak. And, we had a terribly sick Porkchop on our hands for the weekend. It was...as I said...eventful.

In the end, I will be ever grateful to my teammates who helped take care of me in my flu-induced-deliriousness. And for hanging with me Sunday for the longest ride I could eek out of my wasted body (about 20 miles). Trust me...I paid the price for that ride (and the wicked drive home)...I was asleep in bed by 9pm!

As I recover this week and try to bring my body back from the beating it has gotten from illness over the last three weeks, I hope to get some form back to start racing. I'm jealous of all the posts I'm seeing about racing and am so HAPPY that folks are having such a great start to their season. I want to start mine, too!

So...watch out world...a healthy Porkchop is on her way back to the peloton!

No comments: