Monday, April 07, 2008

Conference Recap

I have returned to the land of the cold and dreary, unfortunately. Yesterday, I was sitting on the beach, 80 degrees and sunny. Today, I am bundled up in wool pants and leaning forward into the chilly winds of the Northeast! Oh...how I look forward to the warm weather of late spring.

Anywho...the Conference was great! I presented early Friday morning to a much larger audience than expected. I got some incredible feedback from scholars like Janice Simon and Jennifer Greenhill. All in all, I was really pleased with how my talk went and the responses I got. It seemed as though my argument was cohesive and convincing, which means a lot. Now, I just have to try to publish the paper! I have my eye on a few prime journals for that!

We spent Saturday afternoon checking out aligators in the Everglades! It was an interesting ride through the park and we sighted tons of aligators, babies and VERY large full grown animals, anhingas, double-crested cormorants, turtles of varying types, and a water mocassin snake! Pretty groovy!

I was very lucky to have crossed paths early on Thursday with a grad student from Williams in MA named Erin. We were partners in crime the whole weekend - we ate many delicious meals together and had an excellent time getting to know one another. How wonderful it was to spend time meeting new people!

I'll post photos when I can...although it may not be until after this weekend.

By the way...Training camp? We leave in TWO DAYS! :)

No comments: