Saturday, April 12, 2008

Day 3 - more hills!

OK - so apparently I was wrong. I thought that yesterday was the hardest day I had ever spent on a bike, but today was pretty crazy, too! Somehow, despite the fact that we were supposed to get rain today, it was another beautiful sunny day...with lots and lots of wind! We did another 6000 feet of climbing, and this didn't even include a 6 mile climb to a summit...go figure.

We headed out across the valley again to a place where there is a nice 1 mile climb up to a 10 mile very gradual descent. This was GREAT! We just let the momentum carry us down the road. Fantastic.

The tough part was all the climbing that we did along the way and the wind. But, the country was gorgeous! We did a little stint along this really awesome, tightly packed dirt road - it felt like we were part of the Paris-Roubaix!!! Cows on either side, beautiful mountains to the far right and left, and this kickin little raised strip of dirt that we were charging along. Sweet!
We ended up with a stop at Kline's Dairy Barn in Bridgewater for a delicious soft vanilla ice cream - which completely revitalized my legs and I felt pretty good from then on home. Only one more day to go!

No comments: