Let's hope there's no Crisis #2. #1 was pretty funny, though. I arrived in Miami this morning with no problems. I got a shuttle to the hotel and ended up with a great tour of South Beach as the driver dropped others off at hotels south of mine. I saw J. Lo's house, Oprah's house, Gloria Estefan's house...boy, Miami is just a hotbed for giant, ridiculous celebrity homes!
I arrived at the hotel and went to the desk to check in. There, I was told that my reservation had been cancelled! Cancelled? What? The funny part is that the girl working the desk just keeps saying to me, "Well, yes, it's cancelled." I'm saying, "hello! I'm standing right here, clearly it should not be cancelled." She just keeps saying, "Well, yes, it's cancelled." Finally, she tells me that I was supposed to check in yesterday and when I didn't show, they cancelled me. I said, "Uh, no...not checking in yesterday." And she says, "Well, yes, it's cancelled." Eventually, I get her to do something - which is essentially to tell me if I have a room or not. "Well, yes, there are other rooms available." DUH - can I have one of those?!?!?!??! Crazy - why didn't she just say that in the first place! I'M STANDING IN FRONT OF HER! Clearly, I am not going anywhere! So, anyway...Crisis #1 Averted!
No comments:
Post a Comment