Update #1 - I finally went out and bit the bullet regarding a new laptop. Yep...not only did I get one, but I turned traitor and went with a MacBook Pro. So far, I LOVE IT! It is totally purty, fun, quick, has a beautiful screen, is so EASY to use, and is just incredible. I am now ready to take this thing around the country to archives everywhere to produce the best dissertation on pictures of deceased people EVER! :)
Update #2 - The other day, Chuck and I were sitting around and the mail came. I opened the cell phone bill to be shocked at $60 worth of text message fees! I now know what it must be like the first time a parent with a teenager opens that bill. Holy crap! Ironically, the majority of the fees belong to my dear hubby who adamantly stated that text messaging is stupid, he'll never do it, and there's no reason for us to have more than 400 shared texts on our phones. This morning, via text message, he tells me to call our company and get unlimited messages. HA! Goofball.
Update #3 - I can't divulge yet, except to say that I got Chuck and myself Christmas in July gifts. I hope he likes it! :)
I also spent time today planning the remainder of my race season. Unfortunately, the bozos who are usually responsible for putting on the races around here have decided that Cat 2 women are not interested in racing. There are several great road races coming up in the next 2 months, and NONE of them have an "Elite" women's category. Crapheads. So, here's what I came up with - assuming that I don't decide to race with the boys!
July 11th - Iron Hill Twilight Crit
July 25th - Zeppelin Crit
July 26th - Liberty Crit
August 2nd - Doylestown Circuit Race
August 15th and 16th - Tour de Millersburg Stage Race
August 29th - Lehigh Valley Winery Crit
August 30th - Lehigh Valley Circuit Race
September 4th-7th - Green Mountain Stage Race (maybe)
The only problem with this schedule is the lack of road races. I would so much rather race road races than crits - but I guess I will take what I can get!
Bring it on.
No comments:
Post a Comment