Sunday, July 12, 2009

No Radios? No Way.

So, as Le Tour continues...the soap opera goes on.

Will Astana implode or not?
Will Lance Armstrong's enormously engorged noggin' fit down the corridor of screaming fans on the mountain top?
Will Bruneel continue to whine about not having race radios for a few stages?
When, exactly, will Contador open up a fresh can of Whoop Ass on everyone in the Peloton?

To be honest, while the racing has been great this year so far, I can totally do without the drama. These guys are worse than a dorm full of college sorority girls. They whine, they complain, they passive aggressively back stab one another. And, like any good sorority girl attempting to win a popularity contest, some behave like COMPLETE JERKS but are still LOVED by everyone around them. I've never understood that.

I know that I am always referencing things that my good friend Josh says, but here is another fantastic quote/observation from him re: Le Tour.

Josh: Jen's sister has 2 dogs. They get along really well because alpha-man (Whiskey) is not challenged at all by submissive Linus. Bear with me here!
Me: OK
Josh: Lance and Levi are BFFs because Levi is Lance's Linus...Lance and AC don't get along because AC won't sniff Lance's butt on demand.

His other GREAT observation, which I was thinking the other day when they were interviewing Lance and Levi about Alberto's attack in the Pyrenees...

Josh: Lance and Levi should be saying about Alberto yesterday, "Wasn't that a great move? No, it wasn't planned but he took 21 seconds from all other favorites. Now the team is in a stronger position."


Who wants the over/under on the impending implosion?

1 comment:

JB said...

Josh's brilliant insights are rivaled only by his modesty.