Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hooding Day!

OK - so, yesterday's post was a bit of a downer.  I know, I admit it.  But, I was in a bad place.  I broke down a bit at Physical Therapy yesterday, too...even though things are getting better.  And, my therapists just said, "It's totally understandable that you're tired and frustrated...we're going to get you through this."  Everyone's been saying that, and I'm trying to believe them.  I know that it's true, and I'm getting there.

But, no negativity today.  Why?  Because it's

HOODING DAY!!!

I'm not calling it "Graduation Day" as I'm technically not graduating until later in the summer.  But, I AM walking in Graduation tonight and getting "hooded" by one of my absolute favorite people.  I'm excited and a bit overwhelmed.

I mean, I'm not REALLY done.

What if they decide that my dissertation is shite and tell me to give back my regalia?!  

What if I completely flop my defense and they think, "Holy HELL, we can't give this woman a degree?!?!"

What if the incoming swarm of locusts eat my dissertation?

What if...

What if...

What if...

Wait... I said that this was going to be a positive post!!

YES!  I am going to finish this darned thing.

I will produce a brilliant manuscript, with wonderfully interesting interpretations of portraits of children.

I will perform a mind-boggling defense that leaves them thinking that they should just stop giving degrees, because what could be better than that?!

I will turn this puppy in EARLY, because there will be so few changes post defense that I can get them done in a 24 hour period.

I will...

I will...

I will...




No comments: