So, I got an MRI this week... I go back to the Ortho tomorrow for an official reading, but the glance at the films by my Physical Therapist reveals a bulging disk (not herniated, like originally feared) and two disks (including the bulger) that are arthritic. Geez... I'm only thirty-something-or-other years old... arthritis?!? Yuckola.
Still, that's better than a herniated disk, I believe.
It's been rough. I have ok days and I have really bad days. On the really bad days, I can barely walk, it hurts to sit, lay down, walk, move, or otherwise do anything except drug myself into sleeping. On ok days, I limp a bit, my back muscles get really tight, and I can sit, stand, walk, and essentially feel pretty ok.
I hope that the visit to the doc tomorrow puts some steps in place for treatment and such. I'm really ready to get back to riding my bike - not to mention walking like a normal human... rather than like Igor.
So, fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for a good visit tomorrow!
For now... it's a wine and dissertation kind of night! Bring it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment