So, just in the last week or so (since The Killers concert), I've started feeling improvement in my hip/back issues. Over the last few days, I've been doing a really strict series of exercises at home. And, they've paid off. The pelvic shift is nearly gone and it's allowing me to actually begin therapy on my back. Core building is going well... it's my plan to have the six-pack abs I've always dreamed of. I mean, if this back injury is going to rob me of yet another race season, I damn well better get something out of it, right?!?!
My whole mental state has improved of late, along with my physical state. It's so much easier to smile and be happy when I'm only in pain for portions of the day and I can visibly see my body coming back to me. I may even be able to sleep in bed with Mr. Porkchop again soon! WAHOO!!
We have begun the planning stages for my graduation party! I've been dreaming of this for a long time and we decided that we would just make it a big bash - rent a hall, roast a pig, and party hearty with friends and family. After all, you only get your PhD once, right?! Unless you get more than one... but, then you're just insane!
I've turned my attention away from the chapters themselves (which are safely in the hands of my committee members) to the abstract and the acknowledgments pages. How, exactly, does one condense 200 pages of material and several years of research into a one-page abstract? I have NO IDEA... but, I'll let you know when I figure it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment