So, it's been a good couple of days. Honestly! It's been a while since my mood has been this good, and it has a lot to do with some seriously positive physical recovery!
I went to PT this morning, and my therapist was ALL smiles! She was just elated about how I was looking and feeling. It made me feel so good to know that I'm finally making serious and real progress. I'm not in a lot of pain anymore - there's still some - but I realize that I am starting to forget that things hurt. The hurt has also moved around a lot - it's not shooting down my leg into my ankle anymore.
What else happened this week to make things so awesome, you ask??
1. Jim, Jeanne, and I got tickets to see the Killers in Atlantic City. I know, I know... I've already gotten the stink eye from Mr. Porkchop several times... but, they're just so AWESOME! And, the chance to see them in a small-ish venue is something I simply cannot pass up!
2. We put the deposit down on the hall for my graduation party! It's such a nice place and the folks that run it are truly awesome. They're friendly, personable, and just genuinely excited to have us there.
3. We sent out invitations for the party - and got our first RSVP today!
4. I ordered my class ring! When I was in high school, my mom gave me the option of getting a class ring or a letter jacket. I was such a jock that I went for the letter jacket without a second thought. I got another letter jacket in college, and decided that now was my chance. I purchased a gorgeous silver ring engraved with - what else? - "Dr Porkchop" on the inside! Photos will be posted when it arrives!
5. I sold another photo - thus making the above ring purchase possible!! I went in for acupuncture today and my large coastal photo of Hawai'i was hanging on the wall in it's 2 x 3 foot splendor. When I came out of the session, it was gone and I was handed cash for the purchase! I immediately said, "RING money!!" Then, I came home and completed #4!
6. I had to go in for a few extra scans after a questionable something or other was spotted on the MRI of my lower back. I went in yesterday for the final test and it looks like it's nothing out of the ordinary after all. This is a huge relief as the preliminary tests revealed possible malignancy. HUGE sigh of relief!!
7. I am feeling GOOD! And, I am allowed to get on the bike tomorrow! On the trainer, which isn't outside, but I'll take it. If all continues to improve as it has recently, I'll be back out on the road next week.
Wow. I continue to be unfalteringly grateful to my friends and family who have put up with me over the last few weeks. I've been miserable, low, depressed, scared, and angry. You never let me fall victim to those feelings - always making me giggle, letting me know that you're there, and just generally being the coolest, most awesomest, most fantabulous people I know. Thank you.
And, to my friends racing Philly this weekend - good luck, kick some butt, I love you all... and be SAFE out there!! xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment