I am already nervous. Last year at the LP Crit, I flatted out after 6 laps. Since I was riding a 9 speed and all the spare wheels we had were 10 speeds - I cheered my team on from the sidelines. I wasn't the only one. Naomi was "derailed" when another girl sideswiped her, removing her rear derailure from the bike. And Mary went down on the first turn of the final lap and suffered a fractured collarbone. So, I am already nervous.
This year - it's worse...I'm now a Cat 3. I have to compete in 1-2-3 races rather than sitting nice and comfy amid the Cat 4s. I admit that it's a bit intimidating (ok...a LOT intimidating). After all, I haven't been doing this for very long, so I still feel like a newbie. And, racing against 1s and 2s is not like racing against 3s and 4s. Scary...for me at least.
I just have to keep in mind...stay relaxed, stay focused, HOLD MY LINE, and ride FAST! Should be no problem.
Baby steps around the crit course.
1 comment:
Good luck! I'll see you there tomorrow.
Post a Comment