Yesterday found me sitting on my trainer watching the Giro on Verses as the rain came down in sheets outside. It was actually pretty nice to pedal alongside those guys while they busted their backsides to finish the stage. The Giro has been full of crashes, including that of my favorite guy, Dave Z...out with a fracture of his 1st lumbar vertebrae...not good, dude! Broken collarbones abound in the Giro this year, along with bumps, bruises, broken chains, and other more minor disasters.
Today, it looked nice outside, although I knew it was chilly...and windy. Oh, yes...very windy. Appropriate punishment for not riding outside yesterday morning, but waiting until the rain had started to hit the trainer! :)
I did my An Cap Progression workout today - ouchie. It feels so good to push anaerobic capacity into a 25 mph headwind...oh, yes, what fun! I'm hoping to hit the Manayunk Wall tomorrow with Liz for some "hill repeats!" Considering that I have never done it, this should be entertaining! :)
Bring on the pain!
No comments:
Post a Comment