Cat: 1,2,3
Race: 20 miles
Field: Small! Only 6 of us lined up at the start, but it was a strong six that included one gal that I didn't know, Kristy Swope, Morgan Farnsworth, Betty Tyrell, Sally and me.
As expected, there were a lot of small attacks from Kristy and from me and Sally. Sally and I spent a bit of time at the front, trying to keep the pace up. Sally worked her BUTT off the last couple of laps especially. It was relatively uneventful with so few riders, but we managed to shed off two riders before the finish. With only minor attacks and counter attacks being launched, we headed into the finish in a small bunch for a sprint. At the last curved toward the finish, I gunned it. I figured that I might be able to out power the field if I took control a little early, so I did. I managed to hold everyone off to get my first win of the season! Hooray!
Even though it was a small field, it was a tough race. Sally was incredible. She is so smart and so patient and so powerful. She teaches me loads every time I get on the bike with her! I simply love racing with this team!
This last picture is the finish. I was 1st, Kristy 2nd, Sally 3rd and Betty 4th. Great day - and my mom and dad were there to see it and take TONS of photos!
1 comment:
Congratulations on the W. Nice ride!
Post a Comment