Sunday, August 17, 2008

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow!

I failed to mention that my parents were not the only things to leave for Michigan today. This morning, I said goodbye to my dearly beloved Athena. This is our last photo together! (Yes, I know that I am a GIANT dork!)

I am very sad to see her go, as she was a good steed to me for several years. We had some great adventures together, including several triathlons, my first road race win at the Lehigh Valley Winery Crit last year, and my upgrade to Cat 3! While I am very sad to see her leave, I am so happy to know that she is going to be well taken care of by my brother!
After his visit last week, he started joining a local ride out of a bike shop near his house...on his MOUNTAIN BIKE! He's been loving it and is thinking that he might want to try racing next year. I figured...she's really too big for me, she's lonely sitting in the basement and only being ridden in crappy weather, and she'd be a great bike for him to start out on. So, I packed her into the van and my parents took her to Michigan.
So, to my dear Athena...I hope that you are happy with your new home. Take care of my big brother for me! :)

No comments: