It was "Back to Work" day today. My first day back at the office...no students yet, just the fantastic voyage that is Professional Development Week. In reality, the small workshops that are held are actually pretty fun. You get the chance to see what your colleagues have been up to, get caught up on the the latest pedagogies, and (of course) spend a lot of time bs-ing about the upcoming semester.
Unfortunately, the upcoming semester is going to be frought with insanity for me. I have so many things on my plate that I hope I can keep them all in the air at once. I have a full teaching schedule, prelims, Spotlight Lectures, Woodmere lectures, Leadership, PTK, GAHO, and, oh yeah, a LIFE! Wow...looks like I'm going to be a tad bit busy. It's no wonder that I can't sleep and feel like a bit of a shell of myself at the moment. I should be sleeping right now. Or should I be studying? Sometimes I'm not sure. Either way, I probably should not be blogging. But, what the hell? Might as well.
Tonight was the last Sturdy Girl monday night ride - complete with a stop for Water Ice! Dana and Sally led us out, with a huge group of 20+ in tow. It was great to see Dana out on the road with us tonight. And it's so nice of Sally and Dana to provide us with yummy treats at the end of the season! One of the many perks to being a Sturdy!
No comments:
Post a Comment