My mom and dad left this morning. We had a lovely breakfast before they hit the road to head back to Michigan (aka America's High Five). I have a tendency to get very lonely after having visitors for an extended period of time. So, I went out for a ride soon after they left in the hopes of avoiding my normal sad time. It worked - for a little while. But, then I had to come home to an empty and far too quiet house! :(
I think my mood is not helped by the fact that summer is quickly coming to a close. The dozens of emails from work and school have begun to flood my inbox, my syllabi are looking like they need a quick revise before the first week in September, and my prelim exams are now looming in the VERY near future. There is much to do...and I'm looking forward to the return to a normal schedule - even if I lament the loss of long, warm days and cool summer nights. The only great part about the summer ending is the return of my hubby! Soon, I'll have my bubs to cuddle with on a nightly basis, rather than a night or two a week! HOORAY!
More pictures from the race this weekend can be found HERE! For now....I am off to study!
No comments:
Post a Comment