The Doylestown Circuit race is one of my favorite races of the year. The course is so fun! There are climbs, descents, corners, chicanes, and always a SWEET field of women to race against! This year was looking to be no exception! The Zaveta team was out in force, Cassie was going to be there, Mo was back, and Kacey Manderfield showed up day of to kick some butt! Alas, the weather also showed up to kick some major tail!
The forecast was not looking good for the day. Still, I have never shied away from racing in the rain and I was prepared for the worst (think Giro de Jersey). However, even I was not really excited to race in the weather that showed up...it was a MONSOON!!! The rain was coming down to heavy and so quickly that the standing pools of water were ankle deep in minutes. There was thunder, there was lightening, there was flooding. It was apocalyptic!
Needless to say, our race didn't happen! :( Though the photos do not do the weather complete justice, check out Joe's shots of one of the men's races HERE. To give you an idea of the aftermath of the weather...I give you this photo by Carlos!!! Do I need to say more?
No comments:
Post a Comment