Friday, August 07, 2009

Nearing the End

It's August. I cannot believe that it is August. I have spent the last two days sitting in front of my computer working on syllabuses (yes, this is an acceptable plural of syllabus), course documents, book orders, and other school related issues. And that does not include the time spent doing dissertation research! I am getting pretty tired of not leaving the house. I mean, I usually get outside for an hour or two a day to ride my bike...but that's about it. I've spent the last couple of days wearing either my pajamas or spandex. That just can't be good! :)

Today, however, I plan to get out and about. I have to go get my sister's birthday present so that I can get it in the mail to her ASAP. I have to mail my mother's extremely belated birthday present! I have to go buy a dress for the banquet and the wedding we're going to next month. And, I need to shower, put on regular clothes, and enjoy the chaos that is....The Mall. Eeek!

Plus, I have to finish planning for the Shore Ride next week and make sure that we are ready to roll. Thank goodness I picked the perfect day for us to ride down there...it's only supposed to be a high of 94 that day! :) CRAP. At least the beach will be nice when we finally get there. I hope we don't scare anyone with our cycling tan lines and paleness!

Well, I best get back to work - have to get a few more things done before the stores open!

No comments: