The easiest way to update everyone on my current life is through a list. Here goes...
1. Disk is still bulging. Pain is still occurring. PT will continue until the pain goes away or until it's hung around for 6 weeks, whichever comes first. If it's the latter, a pain specialist might be needed to give me a shot in the butt (not really in my bum, but you get the idea).
2. Look, Ma, no cavities!
3. I am learning that 2013 will be known as the year that tested my patience. Between my back and waiting on chapters to be reviewed and returned, I've learned that meditation and wine (lots and lots of wine) are the keys to increasing one's ability to be patient.
4. I'm enjoying the fact that for the first time in the 12 years that I've lived in Philadelphia, we are actually having Spring weather. It didn't go from 40 to 90 degrees overnight, but actually has lingered in the upper 50s and 60s for several weeks now.
5. I get hooded in 9 days. My dissertation defense will take place in approximately 64 days. It is actually going to happen...I WILL be Dr. Porkchop in 2013.
6. A portion of my dissertation might be published in 2014...the wheels are in motion.
That's it for now, I think...
Oh, and my hubby is the BOMB. I mean it... the BOMB.
1 comment:
Wahoo for Dr. Choppah!!! Blah for disks and patience. LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment