This past week/weekend saw me attending 2 races...though I wasn't racing, I was helping out my team and the Heart House team in the feed zone at the PA and NJ State Road Races. It was fun to be around the team again and my heart felt better being with them.
So, Sunday, Borda and I headed down to Badger's house for a ride and a sponsor-based photo shoot! We needed to take some pics for our great sponsor Beyer Kia and for our new friends at ProGold. So, it was Badger, Little D, Borda, and me out for a spin. We just hung around in "the park" near Badger's house, but we did a climb and we didn't dawdle. Afterwards, we went out for lunch. When we stood up from the table, I was shocked. No pain. None. For about 10 minutes. Then, a little bit started to come back in.
Several times over the next 24 hours, I realized that I was actively moving and feeling no pain. This is the first time that I can say that since MAY. The pain is not gone. Not entirely... but, I am feeling SO much better.
So, we hit the Action Wheels ride last night. It was great. I had a blast and felt good on the bike. Borda had to do long intervals today, so I joined her for those this morning. By 9:00, I'd put in more miles in the last three days than in the last 2 months! And, I'm still feeling GREAT!
I have decided to take tomorrow off, hit Greentree on Thursday night, and race in the NJ Masters State Road Race on Sunday. I'm truly hoping that this is it... that I am back in the saddle for good. But, trust me... I am extremely attentive to my body right now. When it tells me that enough is enough, I will listen. But, for now, the bod is telling me to just do it!
Back in the saddle again...
No comments:
Post a Comment