Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Is There a Doctor in the House?!?

Um... yes, yes, there is!!

I did it!  Officially and finally!  I defended this afternoon and was officially passed - my paperwork signed - my title given.  I am Dr. Porkchop!

The short of it is this... I presented my work for 20 minutes in front of my committee members, my parents, sister and brother-in-law (who were there via Skype), my porkfectly wonderful hubby, 2 Temple grad students, and 4 of my favorite colleagues from work.

After the 20 minutes, the committee members took turns asking me some questions.  Then, the audience  asked a few questions.  Then, the committee asked us all to leave so that they could chat.  A few minutes later, they called me back in and congratulated me!  And, officially called me Dr. for the first time.  WOW.

So, that's it.  I have to send the electronic document to the server before August 5th and then, I just have to wait for my diploma to arrive in the mail!

I documented the day, or at least most of it, in photos... so, here they are...

5:30 am: Wake Up
6:00 am: Ride




8:00 am: get home from ride, shower, eat, drink coffee, do crossword puzzle, stress out

10:45 am: arrive on campus to see these posted all over the place!

11:15 am: get into classroom, turn on computer, load powerpoint, give myself a pep talk from Kid President...

12:00 - 1:45 pm: Defend, defend, defend.  Leave the room to await deliberations.
1:50 pm: Declared a Doctor!

WOO HOO!

No comments: