Tuesday, July 02, 2013

The Post Without a Schnazzy Name

I don't even know what to call this post....

I Can't Believe I Just Emailed That...?

Holy Crap, This is Great News...?

The Best Week Ever...?

I suppose that all of those would be viable.

I know that it's only Tuesday, though, so the last one might be a tad preemptive.  Still, it's been a pretty daggon good start to the week!

The best Monday EVER began with a bike ride with Borda.  We started out from her house and it was overcast, but cool.  About 20 minutes in, the sky opened and the rain began.  It drizzled, then it drizzled harder, then it was just an awesome steady rain.  I loved EVERY SECOND of it.  I was on my bike.  I was with one of the greatest gals ever.  I was happy.  And, I was feeling good.

Turns out, the best thing for my (still painful) sciatic nerve is riding my bike and stretching more than I've ever stretched in my life!  After two solid days on the bike and two solid days of stretching sessions, I am feeling REALLY good and am actually optimistic that I'm going to only get better from here on out.

We then spent about 6 hours of our Monday at the Crescent Moon coffee shop (best Toffee Cream Bars, EVER!!) working.  I finished editing my dissertation while Borda studied for her Final Exam.  At about 3:45pm yesterday, I emailed the final version of my dissertation to my committee (I Can't Believe I Just Emailed That!) and my defense announcement to the secretary of the department.  The announcement went out this morning (this thing is now officially happening on the 17th!!) and all of my advisors responded saying that they got the document and were looking forward to reading it.

I woke up this morning to more rainy weather, so I decided to ride my bike on the trainer rather than get soaked again.  A nice spin left me feeling good and stretched out without a lot of pain in my sciatic!  YESSSS!!!

And then, I got an email.  I knew from the sender's name that it was about an article that I'd sent in for consideration for publication.  My laptop was acting a bit screwy, so it took like a zillion minutes (ok, maybe it was about 10 seconds) to open.  Once it did, I realized that my paper had been... accepted!!!

HOLY CRAP, This Is GREAT News!!!  I'm going to have part of my dissertation published in a peer-reviewed journal in early 2014.

Wow, wow, wow!

So, as I said... it's only Tuesday, so it might be a bit early to declare the Best Week Ever.  Still, it's in the running...

No comments: