Thursday, May 31, 2007

Officially Registered

Well...I am officially registered for the NJ State Championship Road Race. It's really no different than any other road race that I have done so far, so I am unsure why I am so nervous about it. I think that it may be that I have no other teammates in the race. Dana is racing on the day, but she is in Cat 3, so we will not be on course together.

I'm headed over there tomorrow to preview the course and see what exactly the promoter means by "New Jersey hills." I would imagine that he means that the course is essentially flat with minor, big-ring bumps in the road. This would be fine with me, and would play to my strengths as a big-ring rider. It's also 38 miles in length - the longest race I've ever done. I'm really not too worried about the length though...since it's not on Lancaster roads! :)

I think I may have a cheering section of Heather and Greg, which would be really great since I'll otherwise be all alone at the race! I really hope that they are able to make it!

Look for a race report soon!

No comments: