My legs, that is! Last night, I had a bonking crisis! We did a team workout intended to get us ready for the race, and our jobs, this weekend. I totally BONKED! I had nothing in my legs, couldn't stick with my job up the hills, and found myself red lining the entire time! It royally sucked monkey butt!
I was really disappointed when I got home last night. Chuck did a good job of picking my sorry butt up off the ground and telling me that everything would be ok and my legs would bounce back for the race.
Expecting rain tonight, I got up this morning, ate a good breakfast (yummy, Grape Nuts!), watched a few minutes of the Giro and headed out for my workout. Immediately, my legs felt better. They felt loose, warm, and strong. What was supposed to be an E2 workout (easy to moderate pace with a few hard sprints) turned into a nice strong ride with bursts. I'm looking forward to the weekend again, now and hope that I can post about what a great sled dog I am! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment