Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ready or Not!

Here we go! We have been training hard for Turkey Hill this weekend! We did some hill work again last night and tomorrow night is flat threshold work on the Diamond. I'm actually feeling really great. I've been keeping a close eye on my diet for the last couple of days; really paying attention to protein and carb intake, drinking a lot of water, energy drinks, and recovery drinks, and staying away from sugar and junk carbs. So far, I am feeling GREAT! It's amazing what a little change in your diet can do to the way that you feel.

We are talking tactics about the weekend as well. We're hoping to break the group into two cells that will work to get one girl to the line feeling strong and able to sprint to the finish for a place. We'll have to wait until race day to see who feels the best in the group and who is ready to be the "Queen Bee," but I'm looking forward to riding a race with a tactic in mind. That should be a great change from Mt. Joy!!! :)

On another note, we are going to be an Aunt and Uncle two more times this year! Chuck's step-sister Kerry is having a baby, as are Ken and Cheryl. Looks as if they are both due around the same time (November), so we'll be welcoming new family members very soon. I can't believe that Ken and Cheryl are on number 3! Wow...I'm still having trouble considering #1! We'll be thinking about that sometime in the future, but not just yet! :)

No comments: