I finally have a great race report to share! After almost 26 miles on a GREAT course at Turkey Hill, I finished 9th out of 38 riders in my field! To top it off, the field was a Cat 3/4 race, so I feel like I did pretty well! Here's the proof!! Just scroll down for the results! :)
It was a great day and a great race. The weather was perfect and I was feeling really good and on form. I managed to stick with the main field throughout the race and when we crested the last climb, I held on and made a bid for the finish line. Considering that this was my first finish sprint, I was pretty happy, but I know that I could have done more. I have to work on my gearing for sprints and my form. Who knows, maybe I can pick off a few more at the finish line next time. There were 9 Sturdies in the race, and we all did really well! I'm really proud to be part of such a great team. Go Sturdies! :)
I got up this morning and did a 45 mile ride with Dana and Sally. We rode out to Devon, PA and back. It was nice with a few challenging hills. All in all, I'm feeling like I had a great weekend and am looking forward to my next race, which is Union Grove on the 19th! :) Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment